Wednesday, September 25, 2002

A former victim of crime finds healing in empowering others. By launching a web site dedicated to finding employment, college scholarships and building small businesses this entreprenuer finds success in helping others

A former victim of crime finds healing in empowering others. By launching a web site dedicated to finding employment, college scholarships and building small businesses this entreprenuer finds success in helping others.

After working for years in an industry that regarded his handicap as a weakness Richard built his dream into a reality by creating a web site that caters to people who are looking to increase their income by getting a degree, finding a job or operating a small business.

(PRWEB) July 1, 2004

A horrific anniversary is cause for a extraordinary celebration.

July 1, 1989 two bullets ripped through the flesh of a young ambitious choreographer with dreams of one day staring in his own music videos he attended the Art Institute of Atlanta in the day time and worked at Atlanta’s finest hotel as an assistant chef at night. One night he was approached by a group of men who was determined to rob him but instead shot him multiple times and left him laying in the streets to die. “I felt my soul leaving my body and I saw myself laying on the ground.” People began to gather.

Since that fateful evening Richard has been confined to a wheelchair and struggling with living with a disability that he was told may last a lifetime.

As a young father and a newly injured paraplegic Richard faced a whole new life that he never before imagined, life in a wheelchair. Was there a chance for a normal life? How do you provide for a family of 4 living on Social Security checks? At 25 years old retirement was coming too early for this ex-infantryman and his determination would bring him to the next level of ambition that even he could not imagine. “Like most people I never really thought about how difficult it was to be disabled in an able bodied world”. It took years to recover from my fear, pain and confusion of prejudice, rejection and indifference that being disabled caused.

My first step to recovery was to forgive the gunman that shot me. Although he was sentenced to 10 years in prison for attempted murder, I still harbored the hurt from not being able to run, walk, or dance the way I used to. Every year after I suffered this rude awakening I began to search for the reasons why I survived this terrible ordeal. But life was not giving me time to wait, there were astronomical medical bills, health issues and fear or the unknown that seemed to grip my very existence.

After years of painful physical rehabilitation, homelessness and extreme poverty seeking a career was the last thing that I ever thought of. But as I learned through my faith that my life was spared for a purpose and I began to realize through reaching out to others in pain and desperation I found strength and internal healing. I returned to school, studied computer engineering and software programming, yet because of my wavering health and financial burdens I was not able to reach the educational level that I set out to pursue.

“ I returned to work and found that there was a prejudice against my handicap that I never imagined in the workplace and in my social life. It seemed like no one really wanted to give me a chance to work in my chosen field. I was either given the run around, told I the position had suddenly been filled or offered a position paying less. So what was I to do? My first reaction was to give up and give in to my feelings of hopelessness and helplessness. Then I though back about that fateful night, if I give up then the gunman won and my life was spared for nothing. With that thought I summoned the courage to face a world that was not very kind or understanding of my physical plight. My need to make a difference in my life and the life of others became overwhelming. I learned to use all of my anger, pain and frustration to develop my mind into a creative outlet.”

15 years later Richard has wrestled with the odds to develop his own desktop publishing business using the knowledge, experience and ambition that has never really eluded him. “Life has been more than difficult, it has been an uphill battle and I am still climbing. I chose to name my business Diversified Desktop Publishing to define the vast resources that my business provides. There are three main services that my business offers individual customers and small businesses.”

PCS—Professional Career Services— Is the division of Diversified that writes resumes and cover letters and assists people in finding and obtaining stable employment quickly.

Web Development— Is the section where I write, develop and create the ultimate Web site for individuals and small businesses.

DisFX—Digital Imaging Special FX— The only digital imaging that takes ordinary pictures and creates a masterpiece. By scanning, editing and embedding images into beautiful background images.

Visit http://diversifieddesktop. com (http://diversifieddesktop. com) and find the best web development services, career services and student services available from the Internet's top businesses. Our Goal is Your Success